EMR / AIMS Opportunity
The U.S. Health Information Technology for Economic & Clinical Health Act of 2009 (or HITECH Act) requires all hospitals to begin to implementing EMR systems by 2014. However, the majority of these programs currently in use are generally convoluted, difficult to navigate, not well developed for physicians, and use antiquated database structures.
As a result, to date, there are no dominant players among any of the existing EMR or AIMS vendors:
AgileOR took note of these flaws when developing our OpConnex product, which is uniquely and exclusively designed to meet the highly-specific, highly-mobile needs of the 21st Century operating room doctor:
- No more outdated, inefficient EMR data entry processes.
- No more time sunk into awkward, inadequate workstation solutions.
- No more varied, multiple, or incompatible sets of programs to muddle through.
Instead, the EMR/AIMS market demands a convenient single-solution app, mobile, clinician-oriented, and with universal third-party EMR system communication — allowing anesthesiologists & anesthetists to chart cases in a simple, intuitive, and efficient manner. Clinicians require an application optimized for mobile devices, such as iPads or tablet PCs, allowing the greatest degree of flexibility and mobility. And this app should be fully capable of simultaneous and seamless communication with existing hospital EMR systems, billing software systems, and any other HHS-certified inpatient EMR product, allowing you to create deficiency-free records in all venues, transmit this data for billing, and properly meet all Compliance & Quality Control Standards in the process.
By 2014, the market and clinicians will demand a simple, universal, and mobile EMR product with convenience and portability: The OpConnex Solution from AgileOR.
Secondary Sources: The following links are provided to you as independent, secondary sources to illustrate a larger picture of the existing AIMS & EMR market, its current state, and the scope of its needs in the future.
- Reducing the Barriers to Electronic Documentation in Anesthesia Practice Settings
- Information Management System Sales Fuel Anesthesia Market
- Report Shows Shifts in Anesthesia Information Management System Market Trends
- Provider Behavior Indicates Significant Shifts in AIMS Market Trends
- Origin Partners with iProcedures to Deliver Integrated Anesthesia Information Management Solution
- 10 Tips for Successfully Implementing an EMR in Anesthesia Services